If you have a newer Jeep, chances are it came equipped with the Uconnect system. This allows you to do everything from make hands-free phone calls to stream music and even get turn-by-turn navigation directly to your vehicle’s infotainment system.
But in order to use all of these features, you need to first connect your phone to the Uconnect system.
There are 2 types of phone users such as iPhone and Android. So we have listed both processes below:
Steps to Pair an Android Phone to Jeep Uconnect System:
- Make sure your phone is powered on and within range of the Uconnect system.
- On your Jeep’s Uconnect touch screen, select the Phone icon.
- Select the Add/Pair a Device option.
- Select the Bluetooth Devices option. This will put your Uconnect system into pairing mode.
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app and select Connections.
- Select Bluetooth from the list of options.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on, then select your Jeep from the list of available devices.
- If prompted, enter the PIN code for your Uconnect system. The default PIN code is 0000.
- Once your phone is paired with the Uconnect system, you’ll be able to use all of the system’s features.
Steps To Pair an iPhone to Jeep Uconnect System:
If you are an iPhone user and want to connect your phone with Jeep Uconnect, then follow the given steps:
- First of all, open your Jeep door and sit in the driver’s seat.
- Now press the “Phone” button on your Uconnect system.
- After that, you will see the message on the screen that will ask you to “Pair a Phone”.
- Now press the “OK” button. If you can’t see this message, then press and hold the “Voice Command Button” for a few seconds.
- After that, your Uconnect system will start the search process and will display all the available devices.
- Turn on the Bluetooth setting on your iPhone devices
- Now select your iPhone device from the list by pressing the “Phone” button.
- Once the pairing process is completed, you will see the message “Phone Connected”.
- Now your iPhone is successfully paired with the Jeep Uconnect system.
How does Uconnect work in Jeep?
Uconnect is a feature in some Jeep vehicles that allows the driver to stay connected to their phone and other media devices while on the road. It includes features like hands-free calling and text messaging, as well as access to music, maps, and navigation. Uconnect is available in select Jeep models, including the Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, and Renegade.
Is Jeep Uconnect free?
Some features of Uconnect are free, while others require a subscription. For example, the hands-free calling and text messaging features are free, while the navigation feature requires a subscription. Jeep offers different Uconnect packages that include different features, so you can choose the package that best suits your needs.
How do I activate Uconnect?
To activate Uconnect, you will need to have a compatible phone and a subscription to the service. Once you have those, you can activate Uconnect by going to the Jeep Uconnect website and following the instructions.
How do I know if I have Uconnect?
You can check to see if your Jeep has Uconnect by looking for the Uconnect logo on the vehicle’s infotainment system or in the owner’s manual. If you’re not sure, you can always contact Jeep customer service for assistance.
What is the difference between Uconnect and Bluetooth?
Uconnect is a feature that allows you to stay connected to your phone and other media devices while on the road, while Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows you to connect devices together. Uconnect includes features like hands-free calling and text messaging, as well as access to music, maps, and navigation. Bluetooth simply allows you to connect your phone to your Jeep so you can make and receive calls hands-free.