Those who are in love with offroad vehicles- mostly have a special space for the Jeep Wrangler in their heart. This car itself has a spirit of outdoor style and a symbol of strength.
However, the Jeep Wrangler comes with a built-in radio system, and with time, one may find it necessary to reset the radio to the factory setting.
This is not a very complicated job to get done. With proper knowledge, anyone could do it by themselves at home.
In this article, we will try to provide a complete guide on how to do that.
Why should you reset the radio?
Like any other electric device, the radio system on the Jeep Wrangler may malfunction from time to time. The most common issues that have been reported are- problems scanning for more frequencies, skipping sound, and switching between channels.
Well, it may be a hardware issue, which will definitely require some expert attention if that is the case. However, the software issue also may work as the reason behind them.
Thus, resetting the radio to the factory setting will have an outstanding possibility to deal with the problems and also is doable by anyone.
How to reset the radio on Jeep Wrangler?
Resetting the radio system most probably will bring back the neat and functional performance, and there are multiple ways to do so.
Not all of these methods are infallibly working equally for every set of vehicles out there. Perhaps, one may require to apply multiple methods before getting the ultimate output.
This method is as easy as water.
- First, you have the turn the ignition on the vehicle.
- Once it is completely turned on, you have to turn on the radio system as well.
- After that, wait for at least 10 seconds and then switch off the radio again.
- Now, press the radio’s power button and hold it until the radio beeps. The radio is successfully reset if you hear the beep.
This process may work or may not- if it doesn’t, then please proceed to the following method.
This one will require some severe hardware job.
- You need to open the car’s front hood and then disconnect the negative battery terminal. Keep it this way at least for 5 minutes straight, and then reconnect the terminal as it was before.
- This will automatically reset the radio. Upon turning it on, it may ask for a code, which is supposed to be found on the car manual. The sticker of the glove compartment may also have the code.
- You need to enter the code, and the system will automatically be restored to the factory setting.
The previous method is supposed to work in most cases. Even if it doesn’t, don’t worry, we have got another one for you. This is a straightforward and very reliable method.
- All one needs to do is- press both the button called ‘power’ and ‘voice’ simultaneously and hold it for almost 20 seconds.
- Doing this will reboot the radio system- if it does, then it successfully has had a reset.
Among all these methods that have been started yet, this one is the only one that is not doable without unique skill sets, and is strictly advised not to do this if one doesn’t lack the proper knowledge and skills.
- In order to reset the radio following this specific process- you have to remove the radio system from the dashboard first.
- Then, you need to practically reset the chip, which is installed inside the radio.
- This whole process is very complicated, and one slight mistake may occur severe hardware damage.
You better hire an expert to get this done.
Resetting Radios with Uconnect
Uconnect is an advanced technology that creates better connectivity and navigation system in vehicles. All the latest Jeep cars come with a built Uconnect® technology.
Nevertheless, if your Jeep Wrangler is a 2017 or later version, there’s a high possibility its radio has Uconnect® technology. In order to reset these radios, there are different procedures.
We will state three different procedures to reset a Uconnect® feature Jeep Wrangler radio in this stage.
This method requires no hardware involvement but just a few techniques.
Every Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect has a dedicated screen.
You have to press the upper right corner of this screen and hold it until the screen goes dark for a few moments, but the ‘Jeep’ logo will appear on the screen.
This will repeat a moment later when the screen goes dark, which means the resetting is complete.
Resetting method for Uconnect 730N
This method is also simple as the previous one.
- There are supposed to be two buttons on the steering wheel, indicating ‘phone’ and ‘voice recognition.
- You have to press those buttons simultaneously and hold still for 30 seconds. After that time, let go of it and turn the engine off.
- We advise you to open the driving side door and let it stay that way for about a minute and then close it.
- After that, just turn the engine on, and you are done.
Resetting method for Uconnect 8.4 System
This method is mainly for UConnect 8.4 systems.
- First, you have to park and put the vehicle on ‘Run.’
- Then press the two buttons of volume and tuner simultaneously and hold still for almost 20 seconds.
- After that, the system will respond and will reboot itself.
- The screen will bring on the brand logo, then go dark, and the logo again.
- The second time the logo appears indicates that the reset is complete.
Restore the Factory resetting method of Uconnect
All the following methods will just erase all the current data and reset the systems, but to restore the factory setting there is a different particular method-
– To restore the factory setting, you need to go into the menu, and to bring that option, just press the hot and cold buttons simultaneously. Hold them still to bring them to the menu screen.
– Once the menu screen appears, select the radio- it will bring on another window, where an option like ‘Reset factory setting.’
– Choose that option, and the system will restore itself to the factory setting again.
There are no such problems that have no real solution.
No matter the degree of the issue, resetting it is supposed to mitigate them to a tolerable level. Just follow the proper steps and procedures that we have stated above.
Nevertheless, we advise you to seek expert opinion on the matters that resetting manually could not solve.