If your Uconnect system isn’t working properly, you can try resetting it. Resetting may fix some issues and also restore your system to its default settings. To reset your Uconnect system, you’ll need to do a hard reset.
Note: Resetting your Uconnect system will not delete any saved presets (like radio stations).
Also, It’s important to note that if you don’t proceed with caution when trying uconnect reset, there may be risks of wiping out any system upgrades and personalizations like phone pairing or contacts.
Also, it would be a wise decision to check your user’s manual where they may have written the process based on your jeep model. Though the reset process we are gonna share is made to work for any model of jeep no matter what you are using, it could be jeep wrangler, jeep grand Cherokee, jeep compass, jeep renegade, or jeep gladiator, these steps got you cover.
Soft Reset Uconnect System:
The soft reset is the first thing you should try if your Uconnect system is not working right. This will usually fix any minor software issues. To do a soft reset, just follow these steps:
- Just turn on the vehicle (Do not start the engine)
- Once the Uconnect system has booted up, press and hold the button on the top right-hand corner for about 10-15 seconds.
- You will hear a beep, indicating that the Uconnect system has been reset.
- The Uconnect system will reboot, and then you can start using it again.
Hard Reset Uconnect System:
A hard reset has to be your last resort if the soft reset doesn’t work. This will delete all the saved data on your Uconnect system and restore it to its factory settings. To do a hard reset, just follow these steps:
- Press both the “Hot” and “Coup Up/Down” buttons simultaneously.
- After 5 seconds a confirmation page will appear
- Click to confirm
- Now, wait for 30 seconds while the system reboots.
- You have successfully reset your Uconnect system
If you’re still having trouble with your Uconnect system after following these steps, you may need to take your car to a dealership or an authorized repair shop to get it serviced.
How do I reset my Uconnect system if it is not working properly?
You can try the following steps to reset your Uconnect system:
- Disconnect the vehicle battery for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.
- Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch three times within five seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position.
- Press and hold the Uconnect button for at least five seconds or until the display shows “System Resetting”.
- Once the system reset is complete, press the Uconnect button to exit this menu.
What should I do if my Uconnect system is still not working properly after resetting it?
If your Uconnect system is still not working properly, you may need to get it serviced by a qualified automotive technician.
What can cause my Uconnect system to stop working?
There are several things that can cause your Uconnect system to stop working. Some common causes are listed below:
- A dead battery
- A blown fuse
- Loose or damaged wiring
- defective Uconnect module
- software issue
Will disconnecting the battery reset Uconnect?
If you disconnect your battery, the customer settings will stay, Bluetooth pairings will be normal, AM/FM presets stay, EQ will go flat, and also the time resets.
Somebody said it took a day for their backup camera to return.
How often does the Uconnect system need to be updated?
The Uconnect system may need to be updated from time to time as new features and software become available. You can check for updates by visiting the Uconnect website.